Privacy & security policy
Al-Futtaim Sons CO L.L.C trading as "KIABI" – a partner of Al-Futtaim Sons CO L.L.C, a company incorporated in United Arab Emirates, having its registered office in PO Box 7880 Dubai or any subsidiaries and affiliates of the Al-Futtaim Group (collectively “ Al-Futtaim”, “ we”, “ our”, “ us”) maintains this website (the “ Website”) and mobile application (collectively ‘ Platform’). This includes all the Platform’s information, communication, software, scripting, photos, texts, videos, graphics, music, sounds, images, other materials and services (collectively ‘ Content’). Our Content is provided as a form of convenience for its online visitors, customers, employees and the public (collectively “ user”, “ users”, “ you”, “ your”, “ yours”).
The KIABI brand is operated in the United Arab Emirates by AL FUTTAIM SONS CO LLC, which is the franchisee of the KIABI brand and has been licensed to run such by the Franchise Operator KIABI INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
This Privacy & Security Policy informs our users how and why we collect, store and use personal information.
- What personal information do we collect from you and how?
- What we do & don't do with your personal information
- We care about your security
- What you need to know about our cookies
- What you need to know about BazaarVoice
- What about policy changes?
What personal information do we collect from you and how?
Al-Futtaim collects users’ personal information; this excludes storing the user’s payment details when the user visits our Platform or places an online order with us.
We may ask you for personal information at other times, including by way of example:
- When you enter a sweepstake, content or promotion sponsored by us
- When you complete surveys or other questionnaires
- When you send an email to us
- When you create a customer account on the KIABI website
- When you order on the KIABI website
- When you subscribe to the Kiabi Loyalty Programme
Our web servers also collect the domain names of users on our Platform. This information aggregated is to measure number of visits, average time spent on our Platform, pages viewed, among other things.
What we do & don’t do with your personal information
Al-Futtaim uses your personal information for the following:
- To facilitate order processing
- To develop enhancements on our Platform
- For marketing and promotional purposes, for example, offering users the opportunity to take advantage of special promotions.
- To design and build better websites.
- To customize your shopping experience and to provide advice and purchase recommendations
- To help target valuable marketing, remarketing, and advertising offers, executed through banner ads or promotional emails, which may be sent by third parties under contract with Al-Futtaim
- To do research on users’ demographics, interests and behavior, so as to better understand and measure the use of our Platform and to improve our Content
- To manage the Kiabi Loyalty program
Al-Futtaim does not disclose your personal information with third parties without your consent except that Al-Futtaim may disclose your personal information as follows:
- With our related companies;
- To any cloud servers for the storing or processing of your information.
- If you purchase a product requiring service, your personal information will be shared with the service provider concerned
- With Al-Futtaim’s third-party business partners and service providers, so that they may provide services that are consistent with the terms of this Privacy & Security Policy and our Platform
- When we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Kiabi france and personal data
AL-FUTTAIM, as the franchise operator of KIABI in the United Arab Emirates, will send personal data collected through the Kiabi Loyalty Programme and the customer account on the KIABI website, to KIABI INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT located at 100, rue du Calvaire, 58510 HEM, France, to be used for the KIABI international database.
In the role of data controller, each party is responsible for processing its own customer database. Processing personal data by AL-FUTTAIM SONS CO LLC is undertaken in accordance with legislation of the United Arab Emirates. Processing of your personal data by KIABI will be undertaken in accordance with French and European legislation.
By using our Platform, you hereby consent to the collection and use of your personal information as set forth in this Privacy & Security Policy.
We care about your security
We only collect your personal information to the extent deemed necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes and we use industry standard security technology to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your personal information. Nonetheless, we are not responsible or liable for any breach of security with respect to your personal information or for the actions of any third parties who may have obtained your personal information through us, our Website or the Content.
At all times, you have the right to access your personal information, to have this information amended or completed if inaccurate or incomplete, to object to this information being passed on to third parties, to object, free of charge, to this information being used to send advertising and, more widely, to refuse any form of processing which is equivalent to immediate relinquishment of the Website and of the Loyalty Programme.
To be able to exercise those rights indicated hereinabove, you must send a written declaration to the following address: email@example.com
What you need to know about our cookies
What you need to know about our cookies “Cookies” are pieces of information that we transfer to your hard drives solely for record-keeping purposes. These could involve cookies, pixel tags and/or similar technologies that track users visiting our advertising banners and hyperlinks on other websites or that store usernames and passwords. The purpose of Cookies is to better offer our users seamless access to our Platform. By using our Platform, you hereby consent that Al-Futtaim may place Cookies on your device.
What you need to know about bazaarvoice
We conduct product ratings and reviews via our partner BazaarVoice, and by using the Website you agree, with regard to BazaarVoice, that:
- By purchasing a product from our Platform, we will transfer data, including your user data, to the United States to be processed by BazaarVoice
- Bazaarvoice may also, through use of their website, place cookies on your device for online behavioral advertising purposes.
- Data collected when you purchase products or services on our Platform may be combined with data from other websites, mobile applications, and sources for review and rating purposes only
You can opt out of collection of data from one browser, device, or app; however it will not necessarily opt-out of collection of data from all browsers, devices, or apps you access the Website or your user account from.
What about policy changes?
Al-Futtaim reserves the right to change this Privacy & Security Policy at any time by posting an update on our Platform. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by any such changes or revisions and you explicitly agree to periodically visit this page to determine the then current Privacy & Security Policy to which you are bound. You agree that use of the Website without periodic review of the Privacy & Security Policy shall be at your own risk
Are you looking for more information?
Any questions regarding this Privacy & Security Policy can be directed to our Contact Us page.